In response to the Governor’s emergency declaration and consistent with the authority of the Board to waive Pharmacy Law or the regulations adopted pursuant to it, the Board president, through his delegated authority, extends the following previously approved limited waivers as detailed below:
- Use of PPE in Certain Compounding Aseptic Isolators or Compounding Aseptic Containment Isolators– Effective through August 30, 2020
- Duty to Consult – Effective through September 29, 2020
- Restoration of Retired or Cancelled License – Effective through October 1, 2020
- Certification of Basic Life Support – Effective through August 5, 2020
- Prelicensure Inspection of Proposed ADDS Location – Effective through October 9, 2020
- Reassessment/Revalidation/Re-evaluation Requirements for Sterile Compounding Staff Competencies – Effective through August 12, 2020
Please use the links provided to review the conditions for use. The Board strongly encourages licensees to consider transition plans for waivers set to expire in the next 30 to 45 days to ensure compliance with legal provisions upon expiration of waivers.
We will continue to bring relevant information regarding these matters to you as we are informed. This comes as additional information to the article we released in March, regarding the California Board of Pharmacy Technicians Waiver.
If you are concerned about your professional license in any way, please call our attorneys today for a free consultation. With our combined 80+ years of experience, we are here to help with the changing rules and regulations during these difficult times.
This blog is meant to provide information on current news and general information. It is not intended to constitute legal advice, nor is any attorney-client relationship established by its posting on this website. If you are facing a situation that involves your professional license, consult with a licensed attorney.