Mr. Brown joined the firm of Brown & Brown after receiving his Juris Doctor from Whittier Law School in Costa Mesa, California. There, he received the CALI Excellence in Jurisprudence Award in the area of Remedies and often wrote for the law school’s newspaper on various legal topics. He received a Certificate in Intellectual Property from Whittier Law School by completing specialized coursework in the areas of patent, trademark and copyright law. Mr. Brown also studied administrative law in anticipation of joining Brown & Brown.
Prior to being admitted to the bar, Mr. Brown served as a law clerk to his father, Donald B. Brown, assisting with all client matters, including performing legal research, assisting with trial appearances, and overall case management duties. He is also a graduate of the University of California at Irvine, where he received his B.A. degree in English.
Mr. Brown is a member of the California State Bar, the American Bar Association, the Los Angeles County Bar Association, the Young Lawyers Section of the California State Bar, the Orange County Bar Association, and the South Bay Bar Association.
Areas of Practice
- 85% Administrative Law
- 10% Criminal Defense
- 5% Personal Injury – Plaintiff
- 10% of Practice Devoted to Litigation
- California, 2005
- U.S. District Court Central District of California, 2005
- U.S. Court of Appeals 9th Circuit, 2005
- U.S. Supreme Court, 2008
- Whittier Law School, Costa Mesa, California
- Honors: Intellectual Property Certificate
- U.C. Irvine, Irvine, California
- Major: English
Honors and Awards
- CALI Award for Excellence in Jurisprudence in Remedies, 2003
Professional Associations and Memberships
- L.A. County Bar, 2005 – Present
Past Employment Positions
- A & B Vending, Owner, 1987 – 2003
Pro Bono Activities
- Volunteer – PETA, Animal Rescues, 2000 – Present